350g beef fillet trimmed and in one
1 tbsp olive oil
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp cracked black peppercorns
Mixed salad leaves to serve
1 tbsp fresh snipped chives, to
Fresh chervil leaves to garnish
For the Celery:
3 celery sticks, cut diagonally into
1 cm slices
3 tbsp olive oil
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cracked black peppercorns
For the Blue Cheese dressing:
50g blue cheese, crumbled
2 tsp dijon mustard
2-4 tbsp white wine vinegar
225ml olive oil
1. Make sure that the Beef fillet is trimmed and free of sinew and fat.
2. Cut in half lengthways so that you have 2 longish, flat pieces. Season these with the salt, peppercorns and olive oil.
3. Heat a cast Iron frying pan over a very high heat until very hot. Add the Beef and cook for 2 minutes on each side for rare and approx 5 minutes on each side for medium to well done.
4. When cooked transfer to a plate and allow to cool.
5. To cook the celery, place in a small saucepan with the other ingredients and 150ml of water. Cover tightly and and simmer for 4 minutes.
6. Remove the saucepan from the heat and allow the celery to cook in the liquid.
7. To make the blue cheese dressing, dissolve the mustard in the vinegar in a bowl, whisk in the oil, slowly at first to allow it to be incorporated. Check and correct the seasoning.
8. Whisk the crumbled cheese into the dressing.
9. To serve, Slice the Beef thinly and arrange on four plates, with a little celery. Place the salad leaves in the centre of each and spoon on a little dressing.
10. Garnish with the chives and chervil leaves.