4 Pork chops about 1 cm (1/2”thick)
Salt and pepper to taste
15g butter (1/2oz)
1 tbsp corn oil
75 g (3oz) button mushrooms sliced
50 ml (2 fl oz) Dry white wine
75 ml (3 fl oz) Chicken stock
2 tbsp chopped chives
120 ml (4 fl oz) Whipping cream
1 tsp French mustard
Chopped chives to garnish
1. Season pork chops, heat butter and oil in a frying pan, add chops and fry over a fairly high heat for 6-7 minutes turning once until browned on both sides.
2. Transfer chops to a plate. Add mushrooms to the pan and fry for 2 mins, add wine, stock and chives to pan and bring to the boil.
3. Return chops to the pan, reduce heat and simmer for 25-30 mins until cooked
4. Place chops on a warmed serving dish, add cream and mustard to pan juices and bring to the boil whilst stirring, and cook until sauce is reduced. Season to taste, pour sauce over the chops and sprinkle with chives.
5. Serve with rice or jacket potatoes and fresh greens