1 medium sweet potato
1 tbsp mild olive or coconut oil
Baby leaf spinach
225g (8oz) cherry tomatoes, halved
1 ripe avocado
Pumpkin seeds (optional)
A handful each of flat-leaf parsley and basil
2 tbsp extra virgin olive or coconut oil
Pinch of sea salt and freshly ground pepper or to taste
Zest of 1/2 an organic or unwaxed lemon
1 tbsp lemon or lime juice.
1. Preheat the oven to 200C/400F/gas mark 6.
2. Cut the unpeeled washed sweet potato into long evenly sized wedges, place them on a roasting tin, drizzle with the oil and toss to coat. Roast for 25-30 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, very finely chop the parsley and basil (or blitz in a food processor) and mix with the rest of the ingredients. Adjust the seasoning to taste.
4. Toss the rocket, spinach, cucumber and tomatoes together and place in a salad bowl
5. Peel, stone and slice the avocado and spread over the mixed leaves. Top with the sweet potato wedges, scatter with the pumpkin seeds (optional) then finally spoon the dressing generously over the top.
6. Only add the avocado just before serving to avoid discolouring