4 slices of lean thick cut bacon, chopped into bite sized pieces
8 ounces thin cut boneless, skinless chicken breast (this is typically two breasts)
Pinch of salt
4 romaine lettuce hearts, chopped into bite sized pieces
½ a large avocado, chopped into bite sized pieces
½ a mango, peeled, pitted and chopped into bite sized pieces
3 green onions, finely chopped
3oz toasted macadamia nuts, roughly chopped
For the Creamy Mango Dressing:
½ ripe mango, peeled and diced
2 teaspoons of honey
1 garlic clove
½ red chili, thinly sliced
3 Tbsp olive/coconut oil
3 Tbsp rice wine vinegar
1. In a large sauté pan over medium heat, cook the bacon pieces until crispy. Set aside in a bowl lined with a napkin or paper towel, leaving the bacon grease in the pan over medium heat.
2. Sprinkle the chicken with pinch of salt and then cook it in the bacon fat, about 2-3 minutes per side or until the chicken is just cooked through. Set onto a cutting board and let rest while you assemble the salad.
3. In a large bowl or serving platter, layer the romaine hearts, avocado, mango, green onions and macadamia nuts.
4. Make the Creamy Mango Dressing according to directions.
5. Chop the chicken breasts into bite sized pieces and them to the salad along with the bacon pieces.
6. Toss the salad with enough of the dressing to coat the lettuce and season to taste with a little salt and pepper. Serve immediately.