Cheesy cherry tomato quiche, roasted veg and asparagus
- 284ml of milk
- 1 small pack of cherry tomatoes
- olive oil
- grated cheddar cheese
- 4 eggs
- chopped fresh basil leaves, salt and pepper
- small bag of parsnips
- 4 small sweet potatoes
- small pack of asparagus
- 300g plain flour, plus extra for dusting
- 150g cold butter, cut into cubes
- First start with the pastry, place the flour and butter cubes into a large bowl, rub the flour and butter together with your fingers until its resembles breadcrumbs. Add 8 tablespoons of cold water, then bring the mixture together until you have a smooth ball, then refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Lightly flour the surface and roll out the pastry to fit a 25-30cm tin. Place the pastry over the tin so there is an overhang on the sides. Using your fingers fill holes with pastry scraps and make sure you push the pastry into the corners of the tin. Chill in the fridge for 15 mins. Preheat the oven to 200C/fan 180C/gas 6.
- Whilst the quiche is in the fridge roughly chop the sweet potatoes and parsnips, place in oven tray and drizzle with some olive oil and sea salt, place on the bottom shelf of the oven for around 45 minutes
- Back to the quiche; prick the base with a fork, line the tin with a large circle of foil, then fill with baking beans or rice if you haven’t got any. Blind bake the base for roughly 20 minutes, remove the foil and beans, then continue to cook for 5-10 mins until brown.
- While the base is cooking, beat the eggs in a large bowl, gradually add half the cheese, milk, basil and seasonings. When the case is ready, pour in the mixture, scatter over the tomatoes and the rest of the cheese. Bake for 25 mins until firm and golden brown. Leave to cool, then remove from the tin.
- Whilst the quiche is cooling, cook the asparagus in boiling water for no long than 5 minutes, drain and then serve.