I am constantly amazed by the number of people I talk to, who have no idea that their lifestyle could be setting them up for cancer in future years.
Prevention is always better than cure, after all we all know how destructive cancer treatments can be, burning from radiation, hair loss, awful sickness and damage to healthy cells from Chemotherapy, oh and not forgetting surgery which may lead to the cancer spreading and then popping up again in later months or years.
So here are my 7 top tips to help protect you against cancer;
1. Eat smart – Try the intelligent eating plan, low sugar, healthy fats (include flaxseed an essential Omega 3 fatty acid), green organic vegetables (eat raw or try juicing, do not overcook!), organic locally sourced meat and poultry and fish, berries and fruit, nuts and seeds, water, small amounts of dairy and carbs.
2. Move and lift – Being overweight is a risk factor for cancer, taking enough exercise will help you lose or maintain a healthy weight; it also helps regulate hormone levels. Walk briskly for at least 30 mins a day bare minimum, alternatively follow an active sport you really enjoy, tennis, running, badminton etc. Now you need to build those muscles, use weights at home or in the gym, follow a personal programme. Finally remember to stretch out those muscles, yoga, pilates or tai chi, great for relaxing too!
3. De stress – Prolonged high levels of stress are linked to cancer, likely due to raised cortisol levels in the body. Find ways to relax and de stress, deep relaxation and meditation are a great place to start.
4. Stay positive – Keep your glass half full not half empty, remember what you think about you bring about most of the time!
5. Breathe right! – Most people are unaware of how shallow their breathing is, take long deep breaths at least twice a day, cancer cells do not survive in an oxygenated environment, also great for relaxing!
6. Stop smoking and reduce alcohol and coffee consumption to a bare minimum.
7. Know your body! Check your body on a regular basis for any lumps and bumps, if you find any always go and get them checked out. Early intervention could save your life!
Ok I know, I said 7 top tips, but here is my bonus tip!
Supplements available to protect against cancer; Ubiquinol Co-enzyme Q10 50mg, Reservatrol 100mg, Curcumin 600mg , Vitamin D3 5,000iu, Quality multi Vitamin that contains Zinc 8mg, Calcium 600mg and magnesium 400mg, Omega 3’s 600mg.
Please don’t wait until it’s too late, act now, be pro active and protect yourself against cancer!