8 digestive biscuits
40g soft butter
4tsp clear honey
Juice and zest of 1 lemon
4tbsp icing sugar
200ml raspberry sauce, to serve
200g mixed berries (raspberries, blueberries, blackberries)
4 sprigs mint
1. Crush the biscuits into small pieces and combine with the soft butter and honey.
2. Place this mixture into one small metal egg poaching ring and press the mix evenly on the bottom of the mould.
3. Add the lemon juice and zest and icing sugar to the cheese, being sure not to over mix, as this will cause the mixture to split.
4. Spoon the mix into the ring and using a palette knife press the mix well into the mould to prevent air gaps.
5. Remove the ring with a hot cloth or blowtorch.
6. Place the cheesecake onto a plate and decorate the top with the mixed berries and a sprig of mint.
7. Dot or drizzle the sauce around the sides of the cheesecake and serve immediately.
I like to serve this cheesecake recipe just as a cream as it gives many more options, from serving with summer fruits, poached fruits, chocolate cake and even Ice cream and raspberry sauce. It also eats very well if flavoured with honey and a drop of Irish whiskey.